RSK Environment Ltd, a member of the RSK Group plc, includes a Materials & Structures department based at Hemel Hempstead that provides specialist inspection, surveying and investigation services on existing buildings, bridges and other engineering structures, typically to Consulting Engineers, Architects, Building Surveyors, House Builders, Contractors and Government Bodies. The department undertakes both site and office based work, including a UKAS-accredited materials-testing laboratory, which enables us to provide a full in house design/assessment service to our clients delivering detailed interpretative reports.
An opportunity has become available for an Engineer/Surveyor to join the team in Hemel Hempstead.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the desire to further their career within the investigative engineering sector. Key responsibilities will include:
- Estimating, planning and undertaking surveying, investigation, sampling and testing of structures and construction materials on sites across the UK.
- Liaising with clients and preparing inspection/testing programmes.
- Managing projects to achieve time and cost budget targets.
- Analysing inspection and test data and preparing interpretative technical reports.
Applicants should have a sound engineering/building degree and be able to demonstrate widespread knowledge of design/assessment processes for buildings and structures. Previous consulting experience would be a distinct advantage. Chartered status would be favourable but not essential.
Candidates should be aware that there will be a requirement for working both on site and at the office. Training will be afforded to accredit staff to undertake work on construction sites (CSCS) within a railway environment (PTS), at height (IPAF) and within confined spaces. Manual handling and physical testing/inspection methods will be routinely expected; therefore candidates must be physically fit. Occasional staying away from home trips will be necessary in locations throughout the UK and possibly overseas.
- Having awareness of health and safety issues.
- Being physically fit and able to work at heights.
- Having sound mathematical, technical and practical skills.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Having widespread knowledge of design/assessment processes for buildings and structures.
- Being able to work with a team.
- Having excellent interpersonal abilities.
- Having excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Having widespread knowledge of computerised applications and equipment.
Salary and benefits
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2015) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Sarah Murphy, HR manager (click 'Apply Now' below).
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk
Apply for Structural Engineer
Have a ICERecruit.com account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.