Revit Structural Technician
Revit Structural Technician contract job in Bristol
With a number of high profile projects both domestically and abroad, my client has an opportunity for a skilled and capable Structural Technician to join their Bristol team. Structural Technicians provide expert drafting services to the structural engineering team on a wide range of projects using the latest 3D modelling packages to accurately illustrate engineering design solutions. You will gain exposure to a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drawing/detail production from Engineers sketches and from scratch using architectural drawings and or concepts.
- Take responsibility for drawing issues and daily housekeeping in terms of both digital and hard copy project file storage.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes, whilst meeting commercial targets.
- Develop concept ideas into drawing details.
- Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the software systems are used effectively.
- Reviewing fabrication drawings to check compliance with design and ensuring good detailing practice is being undertaken.
As an experienced technician, we would expect that you can demonstrate:
- Significant, relevant experience as a structural technician on a variety of projects utilising 3D modelling software including Revit
- Good communication skills, experience in working as an integral member of project teams and delivering to external clients.
- Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations with the confidence to question engineers regarding coordination of details.
- Sound computer and IT skills; use of Microsoft Office software essential.
- Willingness to learn new skills and software plus attendance of upgrade training according to industry requirements.
- HNC, HND or equivalent qualification with good numeracy and literacy skills would stand you in good stead
Apply for Revit Structural Technician
Have a ICERecruit.com account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.