Project Manager/Site Manager
Project / Site Manager wanted for expanding civil engineering consultancy and contractor (they do both). The successful applicant will work directly with the Flooding Director to investigate, survey and implement flooding solutions throughout the UK, with a current emphasis in the North of England and the Scottish Borders.
• Meet customers and carry out property level flood-protection surveys
• Specifying and ordering materials for manufacture
• Assisting with feasibility and design required
• Installation inspection and supervision.
• Assist with the management delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
• Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
• Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into our delivery team.
• Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
• Take ownership of own career development using the company appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning.
• Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
• Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Relevant qualification in Building or Civil Engineering, ideally ONC, HNC or degree.
• Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution.
• Have good knowledge of Building / Civil Engineering, with the ability to run sites with a minimal amount of supervision.
• Hands on knowledge of the industry is really important, with strong leadership and management skills
• Must possess SMSTS, CSCS Supervisor, and a clean UK Driving Licence
• Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
On a practical side you should be able to undertake surveys around properties including measuring for replacement UPVC or wooden doors, gates etc. Therefore a practical understanding of drainage and a problem solving disposition in order to evaluate where water is coming from would be beneficial for this role.
A low emission company car will also be provided.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online. Click 'Apply' to send your application to us.
ACE Job is a specialist civil engineering recruitment agency. If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please visit our website www.acejob.co.uk and send us your CV. Include a short note explaining what you are looking for in your professional career e.g. Salary, Location, Specialism etc.
This civil engineering company, and others, constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide - keep us updated, so we can keep you updated