Senior Civil Water Engineer
Water and Utilities
Senior Civil Water Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Croydon / Brighton
A leading global Design & Consultancy firm with an outstanding reputation within the industry for engineering design and project management are looking for a talented senior engineer with their Water and Utilities Team.
Their Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with some of the UK's most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK's utility services.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of the companies' services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and building networks within the industry.
The role will be based in Croydon however it is anticipated that the first 12-18 months would require 3-4 days per week in one of their client's offices in Brighton. The ability to travel throughout the UK for a few days at a time would be preferred.
* Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with client and company specifications, national standards and codes of practice
* Managing the preparation of reports and other project documentation and ensuring that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance with company requirements
* Ensuring effective communication in the project team and stakeholders on matters relevant to the project
* Managing teams of engineers, environmentalists and economists
* Leading the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
* Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
* Reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy and quality of deliverables
* Managing the commercial aspects of projects
* Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
* Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
* Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
* Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
* Degree in Civil Engineering or similar numerical discipline and over 6 years post-graduate experience
* Recently achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer status and membership of a professional institution such as ICE or CIWEM
* UK Water and Environment sector, ideally working with regulated water companies, the Environment Agency or other water bodies
* In depth technical design experience in civil and/or structural engineering and good analytical skills
* Effective technical management of projects involving multi-disciplinary design teams
* Strong commercial management of projects
* Good communication and people skills
* Pension matched to 8%
* Healthcare and Life Assurance
* Income Protection
* Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
* Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
* Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
* Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
* Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Birthday Vouchers
* Long Term Service Awards
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction and hold a valid and clean driving licence.
Hays Construction & Property is a specialist in Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment and have a range of posts available.
For a private and confidential conversation please contact Huseyin Huseyin, 0208 464 6678 or