Site based Civil Engineer (Fluent in Bulgarian)
Civil engineer to undertake site-based construction monitoring for Port upgrade project in Bulgaria.
The client is An independent maritime and engineering consultancy offering a range of services to clients across a broad spectrum of maritime industries. The company is based in the UK but works internationally. Their services encompass both fixed structures (port facilities) and vessels, with marine warranty surveying being an important part of the business.
They are currently providing consultancy services to the end-user of a port upgrade project in Bulgaria. The project is expected to progress to construction in Q4 2016.
My client is seeking a civil engineer to undertake site-based construction monitoring, review/inspection and reporting of the port upgrade construction works. Following completion of construction the role will potentially evolve into monitoring of the work's performance over a fixed period. They require an individual fluent in both Bulgarian and English. For the construction phase the following is envisaged First month will be spent in UK (Farnborough) in order to gain project familiarity and to integrate into the project team.
- Following this you will mobilise to Bulgaria for the commencement of the construction phase which is anticipated to be 12 to 15 months. You will be supported by the project team from the UK. (A senior consultant will also visit the site on a regular monthly basis).
Primary Job Functions
The following relates to the initial appointment of a site-based civil engineer.
- Independent witnessing of construction activities including pile installation, land reclamation, dredging, reinforced concrete pours, pavement construction and testing;
- Checking that construction works (including but not limited to the above mentioned construction activities) comply with the approved project design drawings and specifications;
- Record-keeping of work done on site including (where deemed necessary) verification of key quantities and testing;
- Monitoring of construction progress against the project programme/timeline;
- Preparation of regular progress reports;
- Coordinating, overseeing and reviewing independent surveys (most likely settlement and or displacement monitoring surveys, although condition surveys may also be required).
- Fluent in Bulgarian and English (verbal, written and aural);
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience as a site engineer. This experience does not necessarily have to be of an independent supervisory nature but should involve experience of reinforced concrete works, earthworks and piling. Experience of port construction works is not essential but would be an advantage;
- Good communicator (written and verbal);
- Self-sufficient and able to work independently;
- Good team player and able to contribute to a dynamic group.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Site based Civil Engineer (Fluent in Bulgarian)
Have a ICERecruit.com account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.