R & D Project Manager - Water Treatment
Are you an experienced R&D scientist or engineer who wants to develop new technologies to help resolve the impacts on the environment from mining? If so, this is a great opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help deliver its innovative R&D programme.
This is an exciting and challenging role within the Technical team of our Environment Department. The role will involve managing a diverse range of projects across the Authority's R&D programme including Mine Water Treatment, Public Safety & Subsidence and our Innovation programme. You will be expected to work with a range of partners and stakeholders including Universities, Water Companies, Regulators, Consultants and Contractors.
The Environment Department is responsible for addressing the issues of water pollution from abandoned mines across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 70 existing mine water treatment schemes. It is made up of 4 teams - Technical, Contracts, Projects and Innovation.
* a suitable degree (or equivalent qualification/experience) in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline and possibly postgraduate research qualifications
* experience of R&D project management, including budgetary management and forecasting
* a track record of successful delivery in an academic or industrial research environment
* strong organisational skills and an eye for detail
* excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
* an ability to manage and prioritise a diverse and challenging portfolio of activities
* managing R&D projects or contributing to them by providing specialist scientific or analytical skills in your area of expertise.
* supporting the Technical R&D manager to coordinate the Authority's R&D programme
* providing technical advice in your area of expertise to operational and project managers
* representing us at national and international conferences and project meetings
* identifying and developing new R&D opportunities
20% pension contribution
Performance related Bonus
27.5 days holiday + Statutory + 6 accrued flexi days
Payment of one professional subscription
Pool car available for business use
Employee Assistance Programme
Contributory medical scheme
Contribution to gym membership
Contributory membership to Civil Service Sports Council
Cycle to work scheme
Excellent office environment
Apply for R & D Project Manager - Water Treatment
Have a ICERecruit.com account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.