Principal Geotechnical Engineer
If you are ready for a new challenge our client has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join their team based in Manchester; working on a range of design engineering projects in the rail environment. As an example, recent commissions have included a large number of earthwork renewals, slope stability assessments for flood defence embankments and the design of remedial measures for a collapsed tunnel wing wall.
This prospect is for an experienced geotechnical engineering professional wanting to increase their experience in the rail environment, combining the application of technical expertise with knowledge of the systems and processes in this highly regulated and complex environment. Our client works primarily on sensitive aged embankments and cuttings, we strive at all times to develop solutions that optimise the whole life cost of the works and that are practical and buildable in a rail context.
The attributes required to successfully fulfil this role are:
- Proficient in shallow and deep foundation and retaining wall design, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations.
- Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications in slope stability, earthworks and retaining structures particularly in the rail environment.
- Have a proven track record of achievements in technical, commercial and project management whilst working in a fast moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Preparation of technical documentation, contract documents and fee estimates.
- Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Clients and gain a good understanding of their sector to foster effective and enduring relationships.
- Ability to manage a challenging workload.
- A team player with a mature approach including first class interpersonal skills
- Proactive in developing themselves and team members to full potential by promoting Continuous Professional Development.
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in civil engineering.
- Around 12 - 15 years' relevant UK project geotechnical design engineering experience.
- A Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
This role attracts the following benefits package:
- Strong basic salary
- Attractive pension benefits
- Death in service cover
- Accident and illness cover
- Training and Education assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional membership funding
- Annual leave increases in line with service
Apply for Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Have a ICERecruit.com account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.