Experienced Water Resource Planners
HR Wallingford provides world-leading independent analysis, advice and support in engineering and environmental hydraulics and the management of water and the water environment.
We currently have opportunities for enthusiastic and creative Water Resource Planners to join our expanding Water group which has an established reputation of delivering high quality consultancy and research (both applied and academic) in water resources in the UK and internationally.
Our projects include working closely with UK water companies to plan future water supply systems as part of developing their water resource management plans. We are also working with government agencies and departments in evaluating options for policy reform and adapting to long term climate and demographic pressures.
We have a strong ambition to continue to expand and develop our expertise and reputation in water resource management both in the UK and internationally. With an active suite of internal company funded research programmes, as well as externally funded and multi-disciplinary research, where we are constantly striving to lead and innovate. Some current research, for example, includes developing new methods for considering a multi-sectoral understanding of the impacts of future droughts and climate change in relation to the Water – Energy – Food (WEF) nexus.
We are eagerly seeking industry experienced individuals to help shape this area of our business and who can bring demonstrable experience in one or more of the following key areas:
- Working with UK water companies in delivering water resources management and drought plans.
- Water resources planning outside the UK.
- Delivering high quality, innovative research with recent publications in recent water resources related journals.
- A first degree (honours or equivalent) in science or engineering that includes topics such as hydrology and water resources.
- Further water resource related study to MSc and/or PhD level.
- Experience of water resources modelling.
- Experience of Demand Assessment and modelling.
- Experience of options appraisal.
The candidate will also possess the following professional and interpersonal skills/qualities:
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Collaborative approach and a strong team player.
- A co-operative and helpful attitude toward colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as part of/or running small teams.
- Self-motivated and able to research and work on own initiative.
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned projects and capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
Indication of responsibilities
- Managing your own time and that of others.
- Leading analytical work and running custom water resource computational models.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues and providing guidance and mentoring.
- Actively engaging with clients and supporting with business development and bidding activities.
- Ensuring that work is completed to HR Wallingford’s quality standards.
The successful candidate will be based at our campus style head office at Howbery Park near Wallingford, in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining staff of the highest calibre. We offer a stimulating working environment with competitive salaries commensurate with experience. We also offer an excellent benefits package that includes: a generous defined contribution pension scheme; permanent health insurance; flexible working hours; childcare vouchers; and access to a staff restaurant, as well as an on-campus sports and social club.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying please e-mail your full CV and covering letter to Kim Taylor (email firstname.lastname@example.org), Personnel Manager, HR Wallingford, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA. United Kingdom.
Please note that the closing date for this opportunity is 13 October 2016.