Permitting & Licensing Officer - Mining
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you someone with engineering, mining or geotechnical experience looking for a role that tackles the challenges posed by historical mining to the development industry?
This position will support the Permitting and Licensing Managers in assessing and issuing Permits and Licenses on the Authority's behalf.
* Some understanding of mining and mining risk
* Experience and/or a relevant degree in a geological or structural/civil engineering discipline
* Strong analytical skills
* Good report writing skills
* Good communication and stakeholder management skills
"The role would ideally suit somebody with engineering, mining or geotechnical experience seeking to develop their knowledge and technical skills in the development industry".
* Working closely with the Permitting and Licensing Managers on assessing a wide range of development schemes across the coal fields.
* Managing your own workload of permits and working closely with geotechnical engineers and developers.
* Working with our engineers on assessing proposals for remediating mining features and assessing the risk on development proposals.
* Supporting the development of commercial permitting and planning services for the development industry
* Managing and undertaking licensing work in relation to coal mining operations.
The Permitting & Licensing Team
The team is responsible for granting permits to access or intersect our property (coal, mine workings or mine entries) and licensing of the coal mining industry. They work with internal teams including planners, engineers and information (data) managers and external partners such as developers, landowners and consultants.
The team consists of 3 Permitting & Licensing Managers and 2 Technical Support staff.
On top of a competitive salary, we offer:
* civil service pension scheme over 20%
* Performance realted Bonus
* generous holiday allowance & Flexible working
* family friendly initiatives, including childcare voucher
* training and development
* opportunities to progress your career, including payment of professional membership fee
* contribution towards gym membership
* free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
Apply for Permitting & Licensing Officer - Mining
Have a ICERecruit.com account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.