Principal Development Manager
An amazing opportunity to join a national environmental organisation at an exciting time in its development. Your input will be crucial to assist in a shift in focus, shaping and growing an innovative organisation which offers a range of unique services to different sectors.
This new role of Principal Development Manager (Technical) is part of the Development Department. You will work alongside the Principal Development Manager (Planning) to lead the Permitting & Licensing and Planning Teams to deliver both commercial and regulatory work.
Overview of role:
Managing and leading our Planning and Permitting & Licensing teams.
What we're looking for:
A natural leader who has significant experience in the development industry
* Extensive experience in the development industry
* Experience of leading teams, developing strategy and successfully delivering change
* Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
* An ability to identify and deliver commercial opportunities
* Excellent negotiating skills
"The role would suit somebody with experience such as engineering, geotechnical, mining, surveying or similar in the development industry that is looking for the next step".
* Working with the Head of Property, Planning and Development to set direction and develop the team's strategy.
* Working in partnership with the Principal Development Manager (Planning) to deliver business across the teams.
* Leading and managing the Permitting & Licensing and Planning functions.
* Leading the development and delivery of commercial services for internal and external clients.
* Developing and managing relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders across the development industry.
The Permitting & Licensing and Planning Teams
The Permitting & Licensing team issues permits for access to or works in or on Coal and also licenses the Coal mining industry across the UK. The team works closely with our engineers and planning teams and issues circa 1500 to 2000 permits per year.
The Planning team respond to approximately 8000 consultations per year for development in high risk areas of the Coalfield. We are a statutory consultee in these areas and work with approximately 160 Local Planning Authorities.
We are currently developing a range of services that we can offer commercially which utilise our considerable experience in mining and provide the development industry with 'pre-development' advice to identify and address mining related risks.
On top of a competitive salary, we offer:
* civil service pension scheme over 20%
* Performance related Bonus
* generous holiday allowance & flexible working arrangements
* family friendly initiatives, including childcare voucher
* training and development
* opportunities to progress your career, including payment of professional membership fee
* contribution towards gym membership
* free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
Apply for Principal Development Manager
Have a ICERecruit.com account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.